I went out grooming on Saturday and got most of the grooming done but around 2:00 am the alternator stopped charging. I did make it back to the groomer shed by going the road and shutting every thing down that I could electrically. I got back early in the morning with a new alternator and Dad and I installed it, charged the battery a little and out again on the trails. I got almost every thing done including shoveling off the Clement Shelter roof, there was pretty close to 3 feet of snow on it, and at the top of Jocky the drag would not go down and the blade did not work. So I went home with it up after looking around to see if I could find the problem. Get snow said it was a voltage problem as they are very sensive. We charged the battery some more but that did not fix it. Dad looked around and found the ground wire with the bolt in it had come out of the alternator. I must have started but not tightened it up that is why it worked for a while and then quit. I should have tightened it when I started it! Oh well!
Our trails are looking really great at this time and a few inches of power is nice.
Just some photos I took yesterday. As you can see the drag would not go down but the trails look really smooth!
Ride Safely and Ride Right!